CHOOSE YOUR OPTION
JWU uses two different international health insurance carriers, GeoBlue and UHC Global.
Travelers choose the type of insurance based on their status and purpose:
1. Students & Faculty/Staff Leaders
For students on JWU-sponsored programs (including internships) and JWU faculty/staff members leading or accompanying students.
Fee: There is a fee attached to GeoBlue.
Budget: In most cases, the JWU-sponsoring program will be expected to cover these expenses, and travel budgets should be built accordingly.
2. Other JWU Business
For faculty and staff traveling on other university business, who are not accompanying students.
Fee: There is no fee associated with UHC Global.
Coverage: Travelers are automatically covered.
Register in Advance: Obtain your Global Assistance card and gain access to detailed travel, medical, and security information.
To Create an Account
Follow these steps to create your Global Intelligence Center account to get access to detailed travel, medical and security information and print Global Assistance card:
- Go to https://members.uhcglobal.com.
- Click on “Create User”
- Enter JWU policy number 62611
- Click "Next."
- Complete your Account Information: Username, Password, Email, Security Question and Answer. Click Next.
- Complete your User Information: First Name, Last Name, Gender, and Primary Phone. Click Finish.